Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day


Happy Valentine’s Day to all of you!  Thank you for following my blog each day.  I love the fact that people (although mostly unknown are reading my writing.)  I hope they are bringing some ideas, joy, peace or happiness to your daily efforts. You are all my Valentines so here are some quotes that you can carry through the day.  I am substitute teaching at the High School here in Casa Grande today and I forgot to bring valentines candy for the kids.  Do you remember when you were in grade school or high school and traded valentines or sent secret valentines to someone you liked?  Do you remember getting a valentine and you could not figure out who gave it to you?  Perhaps you were one of those people, who like myself, no one ever gave a Valentine’s Day card to?  Good thing I have been married to Karen because this is one of her favorite holidays.   Here are ten quotes for you to help love someone more today:

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.
A. A. Milne
Where there is great love, there are always wishes.
Willa Cather
Love is a game that two can play and both win.
Eva Gabor
Love is being stupid together.
Paul Valery
If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
W. H. Auden
Love is the magician that pulls man out of his own hat.
Ben Hecht
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
Lucretius
To love abundantly is to live abundantly, and to love forever is to live forever.
Henry Drummond
Love is the flower you've got to let grow.
John Lennon
Come live in my heart, and pay no rent.
Samuel Lover

Give a Valentine to someone you like today.  Give some candy or give a compliment or give some praise.  Today is a day to spread love.  It is the greatest gift in the world and it is free.  Think of someone whom you have not talked to in quite a while, surprise them with a call. Say Happy Valentine’s Day, I was thinking of you!  What will it take? A little time is all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment